Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Hello 8 escudos  (Read 686 times)

Offline Ignacio G

• Auxiliary
Hello 8 escudos
« on: September 04, 2022, 01:04:30 pm »
Hi there,
I am a spanish collector of 8 escudos. I'd like to know people who collect and/or are interested in the 8 escudos coin, from 1611 until 1873.
Regards,
Ignacop

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Re: Hello 8 escudos
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 01:12:04 am »
I don't personally collect the 8 escudo pieces as they're as bit too rich for my blood, but I do collect pre-1700 Spanish New World silver cobs.

As with ancients, I absolutely love hand made coins, and until the introduction of the portrait type coins, they didn't get much more hand made than cobs.

I have a small part of my collection posted at the link below.  Once I find the time, I hope to shoot images of the rest of the collection and post them.

Might you have any images of some of your earlier pieces you'd like to share?  I know I'd love to see them.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6579

Craig

All coins are guaranteed for eternity