Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Lifetime Alexander tetradrachm  (Read 1935 times)

Yaser K

Lifetime Alexander tetradrachm
« on: April 18, 2021, 04:56:58 pm »
Hi , id just like to share a coin i added to my collection around a year ago.  Alexander tetradrachm amphipolis mint ... ithphallic herm in left field of seated zeus...17.1grms 25mm
REF PRICE 78
I purchased it from a uk dealer , it came i believe from an old collection , lovely provenance of a old hand written description and valuation from the british museum who valued it at the time for £5 pounds !!!!  A little worn but a wonderful coin in hand

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Lifetime Alexander tetradrachm
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 07:52:17 pm »
A beauty

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 09:25:40 pm »
I think you made the right choice.  Lifetime issues are always interesting, especially to non-collectors.  For collectors, the herm will be the attraction.  Few have seen a coin with one.

Yaser K

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 01:41:31 am »
Thanks guys im also a fan of the babylon and aradus tetradrachm issues i think they have great style especially the babylon posthumous issues struck under seleukos,  however i haven't found an example i can afford right now ... :)

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 07:31:05 am »
Hi Ig,

Nice coin! :)

Meepzorp

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar