Meepzorp

Meepzorp:
Hi folks,

Today, I added one new page to my website:

Modern World, Italy, Part 7:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/meepzorp/mw_italy_pt07.htm

Meepzorp

Blindado:
Dear Meepzorp: I have greatly enjoyed several hours perusing your amazing collection of Roman republic-era coins. In fact, the entire collection is breathtaking, and thank you for sharing it. If I might offer one suggestion. I encountered coins at times of which I possess examples, and for which I know the views of expert numismatists on the events commemorated by the pieces. I include such information in my own galleries, and to me, that knowledge enhances the experience of viewing the coin. For example, Farsuleia 1 appears to allude to the Lex Julia of 90 BC, by which all of Italy gained Roman citizenship. It's just a thought. Cheers!

Meepzorp:
Hi Blind,

Thanks for the compliments.

I thought about doing that, but I didn't do it, for 2 reasons:

1) I figured that it would be too time-consuming. The way it is (without doing that), it is already taking me many years to complete my project. I began my project in 2012. I began working on my website (which is Phase III of my project) in 2015. It has already consumed so many years of my life. Adding that information would cause my project to take even longer.

2) I figured that it would be redundant. I am sure that most (or all) of that information is readily available online and/or in reference books, history books, etc.

I actually have included some historical background information for some of my coins, but not many. I wish I had more time to do that for all of them. Maybe someday in the future, when my project is all completed, I can consider doing that for all (or most) of my coins.

I am currently taking a break from working on my website. I have a bunch of things to take of. Most of it is related to the change in the seasons. I have some things to take of around the house and outside (in my yard, etc.), before the Winter comes. Hopefully, sometime within the next few weeks, I should be able to resume working on it again.

Meepzorp

Meepzorp:
Hi folks,

It's time for an update regarding my project and website.

I last worked on my website in early September. That was 4 months ago. At that time, I took a break because I had a bunch of things to take care of around the house and outside (in my yard, etc.). It was related to the change in the seasons. Of course, that caused me to get backed up on things. It took me all this time to get everything done and get caught up on everything. In addition to that, it is Winter, and as usual, I haven't been feeling well. My Lyme symptoms have been flaring up for several weeks now. This happens almost every Winter because viruses and flus tend to "get around", which stimulates my immune system. And chronic Lyme disease is basically an auto-immune disorder. The result of all of this is that I have been unable to work on my website (at least directly) for the past 4 months.

Hopefully, sometime within the next few days (maybe Monday?), assuming that nothing else pops up or goes wrong, I should be able to resume working on my website.

When I suspended my work, I was posting my Modern World Italy coins. I will pick up where I left off.

However, as usual, before I can do that, I have a few things to take care of regarding my website. I noticed at least 2 errors that need to be corrected. And one of them is going to be very time-consuming, involving re-numbering numerous photos.

I also need to split and/or re-organize and/or re-arrange and/or re-number numerous website pages (and photos too) in order to accommodate future growth. I may need to re-number (and upload) 200 or more photos. This is a very tedious and time-consuming process.

And of course, I have a bunch of "new arrivals" to post. In this case, a "new arrival" is any coin I received within the past 4 months.

Meepzorp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version