Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need help with how to use the tables in Numsmatique D'Alexndre le Grand  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Scotvs Capitis

• Conservator Princeps
  • Caesar
  • This space intentionally left blank
Can someone give me a little help with how to use the tables in Numsmatique  D'Alexndre le Grand by Moller?

Since I don't speak French and online translation is not necessarily that good, I'm sort of stuck.

What I want to understand is how to use the tables for the marks on common Philip II AEs. The tables on plates XXIII to XXVI (pages 52-60 on the Google Books PDF) have the mint or identifying or control marks listed and depicted with small illustrations. The illustrations are presented in the table in three columns, I do not know what these columns represent or how to read the text to find out.

I am also looking for any other fairly complete list of known mint/control marks for the common Philip II AEs with Apollo obverse and Horse/rider reverse. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, friends!
Scott
SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)
My Gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity