Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Kingston's Gallery  (Read 506 times)

Offline Kingston

• Praetorian
Kingston's Gallery
« on: March 19, 2023, 09:49:46 am »
Finally managed to upload my own photos of my small but slowly growing collection.
Photos taken with my new phone (Google Pixel 7) - pics quality seems OK, I will see if I can improve it in the future (tips are welcome!)

I initially posted the Leo III and Theophilos coins last year, and just purchased this week a solidus from Constantine V I have added to the gallery.
My objective for now is to continue to focus on this theme around Byzantine Iconoclasm, to have solidi from the main emperors of these two periods.
As mentioned in some other topics here, I am also looking at starting other themes but I am still doing research on the scope and I am not in a rush.

Byzantine Iconoclasm gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=53909

Offline Tracy Aiello

• Caesar
Re: Kingston's Gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 12:53:06 pm »
Kingston,

Great start! I think that the photos look fine.

Tracy

Offline Serendipity

• Consul
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 02:59:28 pm »
The photographs look great! I definitely need to add more Byzantine coins to my collection. I only have one Byzantine gold coin in my gallery at the moment. I’m focused more on the iconographic aspects of Byzantine coinage.

Offline Kingston

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 05:15:42 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.
You may have only one but that Romanus III histamenon is impressive. I initially planned to stick to solidi, especially when reading that the gold coins quality dropped at some point, but I am getting more and more interested by the later Byzantine coinage.

Online Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 10:33:53 am »
Thanks for sharing your collection with us. Nice coins.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Kingston

• Praetorian
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2023, 01:18:21 pm »
Thanks Joe. I did not have the chance to buy from the Forum yet but am monitoring your shop daily, hoping to become a customer soon.

Online Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 05:33:28 pm »
Thanks Kingston. We have new coins all the time and if they don't sell the prices drop until they do.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2023, 10:15:12 pm »
Hey Kingston, great photos, interesting collection.

Virgil

Offline Kingston

• Praetorian
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2023, 10:22:55 am »
So I wanted to start expanding into Seleucid and greco-bactrian coinage. But I got slightly frustrated this morning as I participated in a local auction with a couple of tetradrachms on my list - almost all of them ended up over $1000. Seems like price may be going up recently so I am not sure if this is the best timing for starting that collection. Anyway, I will take this as a sign that I should rather continue on this current byzantine theme rather than trying to expand.

No new coins to add for now, hopefully new acquisitions after the summer break!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity