Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Group of Byzantine Seals  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Group of Byzantine Seals
« on: July 28, 2011, 08:58:30 pm »
I am currently working on a group of lead objects, mostly Byzantine seals.  The seals are not in great shape and mostly or all low value.  If you would like to see them, click the link below:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?vpar=1850&pos=1

I find that working with Byzantine Seals is extremely difficult.  I have a pile of references for them but almost never find a match.  Because I really don't know where to start, using the references usually means aimlessly flipping through thousands of pages.  If anyone has any advice or hints please let me know. 

If you look at the seals on the linked page and can assist with the description, dating, attribution or references for any of the seals, please let me know.  I will be greatful for any assistance.  I would offer Forum bucks for help but I don't think there is much money to be made on these.  Thanks. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Vladislav D

• Caesar
Re: Group of Byzantine Seals
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:21:19 am »
Third from the top (BZ53337. Lead tessera, weight 2.640 g, maximum diameter 12.6 mm ) look like crusader token Acre
Mitchiner 2432 -2433 .

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Group of Byzantine Seals
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 03:33:19 pm »
Definitely looks related at least.  Thanks.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity