Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Wondering if there is any help for this coin  (Read 233 times)

Offline Sam C3

• Auxiliary
Wondering if there is any help for this coin
« on: December 05, 2022, 06:13:09 pm »
This is my second post about a rare coin.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=129666.msg776624#msg776624
the link above is my first, of which I have not revived one reply. I have had it up for three months thus far. Is there perhaps a different place to post this on the forum?
If so please inform. Cheers.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: Wondering if there is any help for this coin
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 06:32:20 pm »
Hopefully this will get someone to respond. People here are very good at responding, but stuff does get missed. And sometimes no one knows the answer. You could also repost it. Sorry no one responded. This is a great forum. Welcome and give it a chance, although I get that you are frustrated. If I knew about these particular coins, I would certainly have responded. Also, something people often do is do a post under your original that just says Bump and it moves it back to the top. Sometimes there are a lot of Identification posts at one time. Good luck!

Regards,
Virgil

Offline Roy W

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 07:42:28 pm »
Hey Sam,

The coin looks clean to me. If the areas in question appear off colored compared to the patina (it’s hard to tell from the pic), and raised, then they are mineral deposits. In that case, I would carefully file them down with a diamond dusted pin or pick (or possibly shave with Xacto blade). Other than that I have no recommendations. Nice coin, though!

Offline BiancasDad

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 07:56:18 pm »
I don't know if this coin is particularly rare. Here is another example: https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=4457753

All coins are guaranteed for eternity