Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Constantius I  (Read 617 times)

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Constantius I
« on: March 01, 2007, 03:07:42 pm »
have a Constantius I Chlorus the exergue is not in the worlds best shape I need to treat the coin before much more cleaning.
The coin measures 30mm and scales at 9.8g
legends and desciptions:
CONSTANTIVS NOB CAES, laureate head right
GENIO POPVLI ROMANI, Genius standing left, holding patera & cornucopiae
The only thing recognizable in the exergue is  :Greek_Delta:  and in the >left< field either  :<a href='../numiswiki/view.asp?key=wreath' target='_blank'>wreath</a>: or an A

I went through every mint in RIC VI and could not find anything exact, although some of the Herculea mint marks got close
The pics attached are the virgin pics and will also send up one with some brush strokes to show it better, did not scan well and easier to see in hand. Thanks for the help, Jim
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Re: Constantius I
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 03:08:38 pm »
This is the "doctored photo of the reverse
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

vic9128

Re: Constantius I
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 03:23:50 pm »
according to Helvetica's spreadsheet, your coin is RIC VI Rome 73a. It should be an R in the left field and an S in the right field. dated 297-298 and rated scarce.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity