Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: A golden Stater ? A Celtic Tremissis ? A nothing at all ?  (Read 148 times)

Offline Jan P

• Caesar
A golden Stater ? A Celtic Tremissis ? A nothing at all ?
« on: June 06, 2023, 06:45:42 am »
I am at the end of my identifications of Alexandrian coins and I kept this one till last.
It certainly has nothing to do with the rest, or even with Alexandria, but it was on one of the trays and thus I have to say something about it to my friend.
Much more than what I wrote in the title of this topic here, that will not be, unless ... someone of you has any idea ?

Is it gold ? Than it should be something. But I have to judge from the picture, just as you do.
Frankly, I find it even to hazy a design for a Celtic Tremissis and keep it on something very barbaric or nothing at all.
Or ... Indian ?
Here is the picture, which I kept big:

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Re: A golden Stater ? A Celtic Tremissis ? A nothing at all ?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 07:05:16 am »
No gold--yellow bronze.

Offline Jan P

• Caesar
Re: A golden Stater ? A Celtic Tremissis ? A nothing at all ?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 09:40:28 am »
Thank you, "djmacdo"!
In that case ... here, not directly what we are looking for, but admit ... close enough  ::) !

All coins are guaranteed for eternity