Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Leo RIC X,2509/R5  (Read 393 times)

Offline antvwala

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Leo RIC X,2509/R5
« on: May 19, 2023, 06:34:19 am »
Sorting through my fifth-century nummi, about a thousand, I came across this example of Leo I with an epigraphic reverse with the figure of the emperor with a palm branch in his left hand and a globe with a cross in his right. It seems to me that it corresponds to RIC X,2509/R5.
Unfortunately, neither in the RIC nor in any other source do I find any images, but the more I look at him carefully, the more he seems to me!
Weighs 1.10 g with a diameter of 10 mm.
What do you think?

Offline Poemenius

• Consul
Re: Leo RIC X,2509/R5
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 03:45:29 am »

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Leo RIC X,2509/R5
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 06:49:59 pm »
It's what I see too - especially given pose, halo, orb & spear.  But not my century of expertise.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity