Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Pottery from Ancient Israel - Created with ChatGPT  (Read 160 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Pottery from Ancient Israel - Created with ChatGPT
« on: June 15, 2023, 12:52:22 pm »
New NumisWiki page - Pottery from Ancient Israel.

I created this by asking ChatGPT a series of questions. It is OK, not very detailed. ChatGPT didn't quite meet my expectations. I asked it for references to learn more and it suggested reading journal articles and excavation reports. I was actually hoping for a list of specific articles, reports, etc., not a ridiculously general statement. 

Using ChatGPT is probably a good way to start a page or article or to get ideas, but it isn't going to create a complete work. Not yet.

I asked it some questions about collecting ancient coins. At first it said to collect safely, a collector needed to be able to authenticate the coins and buy from an expert dealer with a guarantee. I pointed out that if the dealer actually was an expert with a guarantee, then a collector did not need to authenticate them himself or or herself. It actually apologized for not thinking clearly and agreed.

By the way, I asked it for recommended ancient coin dealers. It failed to mention Forum Ancient Coins, it did list VCoins and a few dealers I know, it listed a few dealers I do not know. Most surprising, recommended Numismatic Fine Arts (NFA). Theoretically if you ask now, it won't recommend NFA since I told it that NFA is no longer in business.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity