Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Beware of eren.com.tr  (Read 355 times)

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
Beware of eren.com.tr
« on: May 07, 2023, 01:10:29 pm »
eren.com.tr is a huge bookshop in Istanbul which has been in business for many years. They have hundreds of books not available from Forum, for example, and the postage / delivery by FedEx or DHL is reasonable.
I ordered three Turkish books from them in mid March, which have not arrived. They do not reply to my emails enquiring about them, my "ordered" page has been showing "preparing parcel" since mid March and none of the telephone or fax numbers appear to be valid.
A Turkish coin friend of mine will be in Istanbul this week and will go to see whether the shop is still in business. Their website is still active showing their stock, but I think they may be in financial difficulties and taking in as much $$ as they can for books which they cannot or will not deliver.
Why does this always happen to me ???? If my friend gives me bad news, I will put in a claim with Visa.

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
Re: Beware of eren.com.tr
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 10:00:15 pm »
Update - my friend couldn't go to Istanbul but he "sent the boys round" to the shop on the 10th and lo and behold my packet arrived on the 12th - handed over to FedEx on the 10th  ;D

Offline Tracy Aiello

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 12:14:49 pm »
Nice to get resolution and, more importantly, the items for which you paid. But what a helluva way to have to go about it.  ;D

Tracy

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 10:11:52 am »
Note to all.  Don't piss off Helvetica is the boys will be sent around...

;)

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity