Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: VRBS ROMA catalogue  (Read 931 times)

Offline antvwala

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
VRBS ROMA catalogue
« on: May 04, 2023, 02:49:53 pm »

Offline antvwala

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: VRBS ROMA catalogue
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 02:50:44 pm »
(follow)

Offline antvwala

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 02:52:20 pm »

Offline Laurentius

• Praetorian
  • Laurentius
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 03:30:39 am »
Perfect, very clear. You can work with that. Thanks very much!

br Laurentius

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 07:25:45 am »
I would be very grateful for big and sharp pictures (with data) of all these "not in RIC' varieties.
Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

Offline antvwala

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 08:31:18 am »
I have all the VRBS Roma described in the archive with numerous images, even if they are often messy. Ordering them takes my time and attention: I am almost 80 years old and, above all, I have severe vision problems due to damaged cornea. I intend to tidy up my numismatic archive after almost 10 years of not dealing with it and mainly dedicating myself to anthropology: when I have done so, I will gladly post the images of the NICs.

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 08:45:11 am »
Very nice. The pictures of the details are very helpful.

Offline antvwala

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 08:46:10 am »
This is an example of what I have in my archive: as you can see, from a certain moment on the coins are not catalogued, even if I still analyzed and kept them as they were worth it.

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2023, 08:54:11 am »
I will gladly post the images of the NICs.

Thank you very much in advance. I will patiently wait. And of course you can post your archive partially. Three pictures per week?
Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

Offline antvwala

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2023, 08:57:22 am »
I do not know. I have serious vision problems and they told me that I could lose it seriously, due to a brain tumor that was removed from me but which has left me with many sequelae. Sometimes I spend a few days with my right eye sealed with an opaque shell to protect it and then I can't do anything

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2023, 09:00:37 am »
This is an example of what I have in my archive

Very impressive! I hope that the particular pictures are at least 750-1000 pixels wide and of good quality.

I can only wish you more health and strength.
Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2023, 11:38:42 pm »
Antvwala,

These are very impressive and informative. If there is not already a Numiswiki page with these, I would like to create one if you will provide permission to use your images there. This needs to be more widely available.

Thanks,
Virgil

Offline Callimachus

• Caesar
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2023, 01:06:03 am »
Antvwala,

These are very impressive and informative. If there is not already a Numiswiki page with these, I would like to create one if you will provide permission to use your images there. This needs to be more widely available.

Thanks,
Virgil

While looking through Antvwala's large image (above), I noticed a photo I took of one of the coins in my collection. I know I have not given permission to use the photo because no one asked me.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=104056

I'd like to know how many of these coins are in Antvwala's collection, and/or where all the photo's came from. That could affect the feasibility of creating such a Numiswiki page. I'd gladly give permission for anyone to use my photo(s) in such a project. I just have to be asked.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2023, 02:16:27 pm »
Ah yes, I see your point. I agree.

Virgil

Offline antvwala

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 04:03:35 pm »
Callimachus.
I am a scholar, not a collector. I collected on the web as many as I could to build a catalog, find any unpublished coins, and determine the rarity of each of them in principle. I have made no use of these images.
The catalog that I have created in this way is freely available to everyone, as you can see.

Offline Rafael Augusto De Mattos F

• Consul
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2023, 04:37:11 pm »
A quick diagram of all the variants of the "Vrbs Roma" nummus with their rarities.
Source: https://www.academia.edu/94152794/Vrbs_Roma_Una_serie_commemorativa_di_nummi_dalla_ricca_e_inattesa_simbologia

Very nice this diagrams/catalog for Urbs Roma coins! You should merge it into a pdf file. Congrats!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity