Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: FLAME, a New Numiswiki Entry  (Read 257 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
FLAME, a New Numiswiki Entry
« on: May 03, 2023, 08:09:33 pm »
This is the first time I have created an entirely new Numiswiki page. Previous efforts have been a few edits and additions. In any case, it was pretty straight forward, but post it here in care I broke any rules of did something wrong.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=FLAME

Thanks for any comments for correcting this and future reference.

Virgil

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: FLAME, a New Numiswiki Entry
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 10:32:05 pm »
Thanks Virgil.

I wish more members would add and improve pages. There are a few of us, but it could be so many more.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 11:06:58 pm »
I understand. It is a bit intimidating, but not really once you see what can be easily done. The big thing is knowing if something justifies an entry. And not wanting to step on the toes of others. I think about these things, LOL. It is such a great reference.

Virgil

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 11:10:21 pm »
I have made many quite trivial entries. It doesn't take much to justify a new page. 

Stepping on toes, hmm. I don't worry about it. If someone objects to something, I will usually make a change, but it is extremely rare.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 11:18:38 pm »
I get it. I always overthink every thing.  :)

Virgil

Offline Tracy Aiello

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 05:45:26 pm »
Congrats Virgil. Well done and great page. I've created a few myself and I must admit that it is satisfying to put the work into them and then get them up. I figure that if I made a mistake and it gets caught, someone will just correct it.  ;D

All the best,

Tracy

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2023, 06:25:15 pm »
Thanks Tracey, and Joe, for the encouragement. I have a few other ideas that mainly involve a brief info about an article and a link to it online on a relatively stable site like academia.. I have discovered a few that I think are not in Numiswiki yet. Anyway, I find that creating pages and editing others is a great way to give back a little to this great community and Joe for making all this available.

Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity