Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Bronze figurine…  (Read 477 times)

Offline Mahmud G

• Consul
Bronze figurine…
« on: April 14, 2023, 05:37:21 pm »
A different style bronze figurine for me; i guess it is a product of Chinese or Central Asian art; what would you say about it? Any comments are appreciated.

Sincerely

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Bronze figurine…
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 10:39:21 am »
Interesting.  The face looks a bit like a Turkic lion but the body is odd - like a bear or something.

I have no idea of the culture.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Mahmud G

• Consul
Re: Bronze figurine…
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 12:21:45 pm »
Oh thank you very very much master; i swear i thought something similar that may it be an object from Middle Asia, anyway it was found on an unknown location nearby the Silk Route.

Sincerely

All coins are guaranteed for eternity