Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help Identify Ancient Chinese Coins found on the Balkans!!!  (Read 401 times)

Offline Krasimir B

• Praetorian
Help Identify Ancient Chinese Coins found on the Balkans!!!
« on: March 31, 2023, 04:48:57 am »
Hi Folks,
I have these Chinese coins for a long time without any info about them.
If any can help I will be highly appreciated.
The intersting fact is that the coins have been found with metal detector
in the Roman military camp Ratiaria in Bulgaria.
The small coins are 0.5gr. in weight and size  7/7mm.
The large coin is 16.4gr. in weight and size 59/24mm.
Thanks in advance.
Krasimir B.

Online shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: Help Identify Ancient Chinese Coins found on the Balkans!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 05:00:45 am »
The last one is a common Huo Bu spade, from the Wang Mang reign

https://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=272863

I don't know where the small coins come from, possibly they are lucky charms? In any case, the style of the characters is from a later period than that of the Huo Bu coin.

The two characters on the first small coin mean "calm wind", on the second coin I can only read "sail".

All coins are guaranteed for eternity