Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Adding Two Coins  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Noah

• Caesar
  • Viva Brasil! Pátria Amada!!
Adding Two Coins
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:58:21 pm »
I do not believe that I have this many BOT coins (I believe many coins in BOT don't belong there), but I want to stimulate competition.  Therefore, I added two fairly common types.  Please, please feel free to challenge them... Vote for me or push me out!!  :evil:

Geta denarius
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-68799

Decius Ant.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-68798

Best, Noah

Offline Potator II

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Error communis facit jus
    • Monnaies de la Dombes
Re: Adding Two Coins
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 04:24:14 am »
Two very good coins you show here Noah. They are not at all "misdisplayed" in BOT gallery

Best
JC

Offline Noah

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 08:25:28 pm »
Two very good coins you show here Noah. They are not at all "misdysplayed" in BOT gallery

Best
JC

Thanks JC!  I do have a few that I believe are true contenders (Licinius II, Constantine II, Trajan), but others I simply placed there to encourage more participation of Forvm members.  I know there are several disinterested folks who could certainly offer some very, very stiff competition.  There are others (yourself included) who could place many specimens and have absolutely no contenders!  

Best, Noah

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 12:24:24 pm »
 I do have a few that I believe are true contenders (Licinius II, Constantine II, Trajan), but others I simply placed there to encourage more participation of Forvm members.  I know there are several disinterested folks who could certainly offer some very, very stiff competition.  There are others (yourself included) who could place many specimens and have absolutely no contenders!  

Best, Noah

I did the same, adding coins to try and stimulate interest. Most, if not all of them, should be easily beatable. I am really quite surprised that there haven't been more contenders.

*Alex.

Offline Noah

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 12:20:25 am »
Well, there are those of us who choose this method to "play" with our coins.  We find it exciting and fun to participate in such a "competition."  I believe there are scores of Forvm members who simply aren't interested or find it conceited to display their coins in this topic.  I honestly think that I don't have any BOT if all coins discovered worldwide were taken into account.  It can't be taken too seriously when most of us are playing "pick-up" soccer and merely spectating the "major" leagues, if you catch my drift.  Still, I have fun displaying some of my coins!  ;)  To me this is the beauty of Forvm; there are so many topics discussed on these boards that everyone can participate in what he/she finds compelling.  

P.S. Well, I guess I do believe that my Constantine II is a contender in its category (and so is your Augustus Cistophorus, Alex)...  ;D  Ok, I'll step down from my philosophical "soap box" and digress...

Best, Noah

Offline slokind

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Art is an experimental science
    • An Art Historian's Numismatics Studies
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 04:57:21 pm »
13.7.8.-- BACCHIC BABY, model for Commodus's at Nicopolis
23 12 02 AE 19  Philippopolis.  Marcus Aurelius, bareheaded, bust to r.  AV KAI MAR AVREta    ANTONEIN.  Rev., Dancing baby Dionysos (or, possibly, Bacchic infant), head wreathed, shouldering thyrsos beribboned on both ends in his r. and carrying kantharos in his l. hand.  He looks like a Dionysiac baby on a silver cup a century earlier.  PhILIPPOP  OLEITON.  Under his left foot is not an exergue line but a bit of "earth".  (in Bold its HrJ system category)

No longer the ONLY one known, it remains the best that I know, and one of the best Xmas gifts anyone ever had.
Pat L.
CLICK TO ZOOM

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 05:14:06 pm »
A great coin and in wonderful condition. Every little detail perfectly visible.
Andreas Reich

All coins are guaranteed for eternity