Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help Id India / Arabic (?) coin  (Read 479 times)

Julio C

Help Id India / Arabic (?) coin
« on: June 06, 2022, 08:54:17 am »
Hi,
I'm looking for help to Id this coin.

India?, silver, 1.5mm, 3.2g

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you

JĂșlio

Offline Jan P

• Caesar
Re: Help Id India / Arabic (?) coin
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 12:38:13 pm »
Waw! I thought already ::) ... because you wrote "this" coin and I could not directly match the obverse with the reverse.
So, the second picture is certainly that of an Indian Bull Jital. The other side of this coin should show the horseman and not the text you showed us.
My pictures were made before it was clear that this were two different coins:

(To prevent question marks by the continuation: I had it wrong here. Obverse and reverse in the first message are of one and the same coin. Meanwhile, all superfluous messages between this one and the next were removed.)

Offline Jan P

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 01:18:12 pm »
Julio C, your coin should be a bilingual Bull Jital, like the Ghaznavids had them.
I only can not find directly a species with the same text fragments which shows your coin.

Offline Jan P

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 02:17:01 pm »
The lowest line on your coin reads: "Abd ul Rasheed", so your coin is a bilingual Jital of the Ghazni Sultan Abd ul Rasheed (Izz ad-Dawlah, 1049-1052).
See below:

Julio C

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 03:58:11 pm »
The lowest line on your coin reads: "Abd ul Rasheed", so your coin is a bilingual Jital of the Ghazni Sultan Abd ul Rasheed (Izz ad-Dawlah, 1049-1052).
See below:

wow. thank you very much.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity