Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Euboea, Histiaia, AR Tetrobol  (Read 538 times)

Offline Diego G

• Praetorian
Euboea, Histiaia, AR Tetrobol
« on: August 16, 2022, 09:35:36 am »
Does this Euboia coin look genuine? Do you think the style is correct? Thanks!

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Re: Euboea, Histiaia, AR Tetrobol
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 01:28:35 pm »
Why do you suspect it?  Please read the rules.  We just do not authenticate coins, but rather discuss coins that are subject to suspicion for a definite reason.  Otherwise we would be endlessly engaged in trying to deal with every coin in the world.

Offline Diego G

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 01:35:03 pm »

Sorry, it would be the style, especially the hair.

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 06:12:34 pm »
There are many styles for these.  The hair does look a little odd, but I have seen odder that were certainly real.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity