Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Books Clearance Sale Now - Many at or Below Our Wholesale Cost!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Books Clearance Sale Now - Many at or Below Our Wholesale Cost!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Can't log into my hosted website  (Read 192 times)

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Can't log into my hosted website
« on: July 22, 2022, 09:31:51 pm »
Hi Joe,

Today, I tried to log into my hosted website for the first time in a few months. I used Filezilla, as I always do. I couldn't connect to your server.

I know that Lech recently had some issues trying to connect to your server using FTP. But I though that issue was supposedly resolved.

I took a screenshot of the issue in Filezilla.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Can't log into my hosted website
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 10:29:37 pm »
Hi Joe,

I sent a PM to Sorin alerting him of this issue.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 11:32:04 pm »
Hi Joe,

It has been 2 days (more than 48 hours), and (a) this problem still hasn't been resolved, and (b) I haven't heard from you or Sorin. No one posted here in this topic, nor has anyone answered my PMs. This is all "down time" for me. I can't access my website to update it. And I am getting "backed up". Beginning on Friday, I started the process of splitting some of my website pages, which requires me to rename some of my files. I have files on my flash drive and hard drive that I updated, but I haven't uploaded to my website. In other words, I changed these filenames on my flash drive and hard drive, but I didn't change these filenames in my website. I am trying to mentally keep track of which ones I uploaded and which ones I didn't (which filenames are changed on my flash drive and hard drive, but not in my website). I hope I don't lose track of which ones are which.

I also have processed several coins that I received within the past few months. I wrote up my tags and shot photos of them. But I can't add them to my website. My iPhone is getting crowded because I can't upload these photos. I now have over 200 photos in my iPhone that haven't been processed. I usually shoot approximately 30-60 photos per coin. I select the best photos, and after processing, I usually post 4-8 photos per coin in my website.

I remember reading in a different topic here in this section of Forum that you were taking a short vacation. That is possibly the reason why this issue hasn't been resolved yet. It is also a weekend. I really appreciate the fact that you are hosting my website for me. But I can't access it.

I know that you recently changed your server, and you had some technical issues as a result of that switch. Since it has been over 4 months since I updated my website, I was going to do a "test run" last week to make sure I could access my website. However, Lech had a similar issue recently, and it was resolved. In fact, in that topic, Sorin wrote "FTP access restored" (or something similar). I assumed that FTP access was restored for everyone, but it apparently wasn't. Obviously, it was only restored for Lech. If Lech didn't have that issue, I would have done a "test run" last week.

Meepzorp

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 06:25:45 am »
Quote from: Meepzorp on July 24, 2022, 11:32:04 pm
I am trying to mentally keep track of which ones I uploaded and which ones I didn't

Why don't you use a program that itself compares the files on the disk with the files on the website and then automatically updates the website? I can't even imagine how I could "mentally keep track" of my website which has nearly 27 000 files.
Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 01:27:12 pm »
Hi folks,

I haven't been able to log into my hosted website since Friday, probably because my FTP isn't working. That was 7 days ago. I am really "backed up" now. I am still trying to mentally remember which files I re-named in my flash drive and hard drive a week ago, but not in my website. Of course, I can't re-name any more files out of fear of loosing track of them. I also now have about 350 photos in my iPhone that I haven't (and can't) processed. I basically have a "log jam" of files and photos now because I can't access my website.

This is all "down time" for me. Fortunately, I was informed that Joe should be returning from his vacation today. Maybe he can do something regarding this situation.

I was also informed by one of Joe's staff members that Sorin has been having internet issues. I assume that explains why this problem hasn't been corrected yet. If that is the case, then Joe returning from his vacation may not resolve this issue.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 01:33:25 pm »
Quote from: Meepzorp on July 24, 2022, 11:32:04 pm
I am trying to mentally keep track of which ones I uploaded and which ones I didn't

Why don't you use a program that itself compares the files on the disk with the files on the website and then automatically updates the website? I can't even imagine how I could "mentally keep track" of my website which has nearly 27 000 files.

Hi Lech,

Thanks for the advice. I never knew that such a thing existed.

Until now, I never needed such a program. Whenever I would re-name (or update) a file on my flash drive and/or hard drive, I would automatically update my website. That way, I wouldn't lose track of them, and I kept them consistent. Until now, there was never a problem. Since I created and began working on my website in 2015, this (7 days) is the longest I have gone without being able to access my hosted website.

Meepzorp

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 04:55:45 pm »
I have been on vacation for a week and am catching up. Sorin is having problems with his ISP. We will get to your site as soon as possible.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 10:27:50 am »
It should  be working now. Please let me know.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Sorin Teodor

• Website Developer
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Praetorian
  • Building your favorite coin website since 2002.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 09:28:46 am »
I have reset your account, it should work now.
Sorin Teodor
Website Developer & Sys Admin
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2022, 05:41:25 am »
Hi Joe and Sorin,

My FTP is working now. Thank you for fixing it.

Meepzorp

All coins are guaranteed for eternity