Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Zur Münprägung von Aizanoi?  (Read 395 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Zur Münprägung von Aizanoi?
« on: June 10, 2022, 10:21:15 pm »
Anyone know where I can find this:von Aulock, H. "Zur Münprägung von Aizanoi" in R. Naumann, ed., Der Zeustempel zu Aizanoi. (Berlin, 1979).

I have looked online with no success.

I finally have acquired my first coin from Aizanoi, a place I have visited and absolutely loved. My coin is Roman Provincial (Gallenius) and I have it identified at a 98% confidence level, but finding photos of these coins is very hit and miss, including on Wildwinds (my specific coin is not on Wildwinds or RPC online or Sear GIC). Anyway, not the point, I would love to see this book/chapter/article. I found some related articles, but no images and my ability with German is not great.

Thanks,
Virgil

Offline dwarf

• Consul
Re: Zur Münprägung von Aizanoi?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 02:35:21 am »
Unfortunately you have to get the book by Naumann - either buy it or get it from a decent archaeological library
There is nothing online, unless someone can help with a acan.
Zur Münzprägung von Aizanoi. In: Rudolf Naumann, Der Zeustempel von Aizanoi, DAI, Denkmäler antiker Architektur 12, 1980

https://books.google.de/books/about/Der_Zeustempel_zu_Aizanoi.html?id=eTFoAAAAMAAJ&redir_esc=y

Why don't you post a photo here?

Regards
Klaus

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: Zur Münprägung von Aizanoi?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 07:43:13 pm »
Thank you for your response. I will post a photo in the appropriate section to try to get some opinions. I guess I was trying to avoid asking for help with a coin I am pretty sure I have attributed correctly, but it can't hurt.

Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity