Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: New Books for me -- Barrington Atlas, RBW Collection, and more  (Read 5165 times)

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
Re: New Books for me -- Barrington Atlas, RBW Collection, and more
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2020, 12:17:44 pm »
Wow!  That E. Haeberlin, "Aes Grave, das Schwergeld Roms und Mittelitaliens" is fantastic!  I'd love to get a copy of that.  And HN Italy!  I've been after one of those for a while.  Nice books Pmah

Thanks, Jay!  I have figured out that the most reliable way to get a numismatic gift, at least from the people who give me gifts, is to have a wish list of books that have International Standard Book Numbers (ISBN).   It only works for books published since the early 1970s, but it avoids disappointment.  It also solves the headaches of my primary gift-giver, who is running low on new ideas after 30 years.

It also avoids a problem I encountered c. 1977, when I suggested "Billy Joel's album" for my birthday and received BJ Thomas's latest.  It may still be in shrinkwrap somewhere.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Anaximander

• Caesar
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2020, 09:57:38 am »
This thread started with the large-format Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World.  Here's some smaller birds of that feather...

The Penguin Historical Atlas of Ancient Rome, by Chris Scarre. Penguin Books, 1995.  144 pages, 60+ maps.  ISBN 0140513299.

Pocket books:
The Anchor Atlas of World History, Volumes I (from the Stone Age to the Eve of the French Revolution) and II (from the French Revolution to the American Bicentennial) by Hermann Kinder, Werner Hilgemann, et al..  Originally published by Deutscher Tashenbuch Verlag (Munchen, Deutschland), 1966, it was translated and published by Doubleday Anchor Press, 1974-1978. 

The Historical Atlas of the World. Originally published by JW Cappelens Forlag (Oslo, Norway), 1962 and reprinted by Barnes & Noble Books 1970, 1972. LCCCN 78-80004.  Ancient Times are maps 1 to 31.

History's Timeline: A 40,000 Year Chronology of Civilization, by Jean Cooke, Ann Kramer, and Theodore Rowland-Entwistle, Barnes & Noble, 1981. ISBN 0760703868. It's a smorgasborg of topics, with timelines (such as the list of Roman Emperors, Holy Roman Emperors, Rulers of France, Britain, etc.  Not in the same category with the preceding books, it has only a smattering of maps. Still useful.

I've unpacked all my books after my move.  "It's like Christmas" says my wife.  You keep finding things.  My only regret is the sorry condition of my 'Historical Atlas' books. Time and water damage have taken their toll. 

Offline Ryna L

• Auxiliary
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2022, 01:26:57 am »
This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find and it's all about book. Thank you for writing this information. If you want or searching for the best website to download free E-Books and articles you may click this link for more info zlibrary.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity