Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: VALEN OR VALENCE  (Read 632 times)

Offline YURIY S

• Legionary
VALEN OR VALENCE
« on: July 27, 2021, 08:24:05 pm »
I wish you all good health, tell me to spell it, there are many similar ones, I did not find the same ones

Offline Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
Re: VALEN OR VALENCE
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 08:48:58 pm »
Your coin's obverse says D N VALENS P F AVG. The reverse says SECVRITAS REIPVBLICAE.

Hard to make out, but I think your exergue reads ASISC and F in the left field, S in the right field.  I'm not a LRB collector, but it's likely RIC-IX-15.

Hope that helps, though honestly this coin has plenty of detail. Have you tried deciphering these on your own yet?  There is a learning curve to reading these coins that is rewarding as you ID skills improve.
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

All coins are guaranteed for eternity