Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Ancient Coin Forum

Lost coin

(1/5) > >>

Aleph:
Has this happend to anyone else?  I have long been afraid that I would eventually lose one or more of my coins just as a matter of course.  After two long distance moves in the last three years it has happend.  I simply cannot find one of my better coins.  I don't know if one of my cats batted it around or if it just fell out of a binder during moving but it is simply no longer among my collection.  I now keep my coins in boxes in the bank now but I used to keep them in binders.  I still hope I might see it again.  Its definitely an uncommon variety and a beautiful example at that, but it is a variety I might see again in the trade.  At least it was from a Mail bid sale so I have a good picture.

Kevin

PeterD:
Next time you move, try wrapping cling film around your binders!

Aleph:
As stated above, I don't use binders anymore (because coins can slide out).  I was more curious if anyone had had a similar experience.

areich:
I had a small silver coin (ca. 8mm) go missing somewhere between work and home.
It did come in one of those small open plastic baggies, I hate those. I crawled around my office floor, spent a good 10 minutes searching my backpack and even asked someone in case it had somehow made its way into the envelope I mailed that day, which, while not impossible, was extremely unlikely.
I know I'll never find this coin, the ones I lose on or around my desk at home I always find again, I don't even worry.

Dino:
I was working on an uncleaned bronze with a nylon brush on a dremel and it slipped out of my hand and sailed off at a fairly high velocity.  Didn't hear it hit, which was strange because we have hardwood floors.  Searched for several minutes and gave up.  Later that day, I put on my running shoes, which were sitting near our front door, to go for a run.  Thought I felt something in my shoe during the run.  Stopped and looked.  Sure enough.  There's the coin. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version