Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Ancient Coin Forum

Sandan: Is He a Turki Shahi, Military Commander, or a God?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jan P:
Hey Virgil, by your picture I got interested in the coin, so meanwhile I looked among the Nezaks and found this, which puzzled me.
Maybe the picture you posted is not exactly the one of the coin, your first message is talking about or ...
The legends of both coins underneath, in Brahmi on the obverse and in Pahlavi on the reverse, are the same. The Brahmi seams to say "Vajara", not "Candana".
Yes, as a complete outsider, would I not better stay out of this topic? But I am interested in scripts and I thought: Hé ...

ATTENTION ! I made a mistake here in the second picture.
See for the correction "Reply#10" underneath.

Virgil H:
I appreciate your input. I am no expert on these and am trying to learn. I have to leave for the day in a few minutes and will be back this evening (my time US EST) and will look at this closely. The Zaid book is helpful to some extent with these, including Nezak, but I wish I had Vondrovec. Thank you for posting this and I just wanted to let you know I am not ignoring you but will respond later.

Thanks,
Virgil

Jan P:
I live six hours earlier, so your evening is my night.
At my turn I 'll probably not be able to answer promptly after you post your next message.
I just want you to know  ;).

Virgil H:
Hi Jan,
Thanks for that and I appreciate the politeness we have on this board. I had a long day and am getting ready to travel for the US Thanksgiving holiday, which is a big family holiday in the US. I will respond, but it may be a couple of days or more. Just wanted to let you know, seriously. I don't want to clog up the forum with messages that don't say much, but like I said, I do not like to let people hang waiting and people here are polite that way, as you were with me.

I will respond. This is not a topic I can just throw out responses to, the more I think about it, the more I consider various different things.

Anyone else with comments, please feel free to join in.

Take care,
Virgil

Jan P:
Okido, Virgil.
Take your time and when you post an answer, I 'll see it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version