Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Ancient Coin Forum

Editing Fake Coin Reports

<< < (2/3) > >>

glebe:

--- Quote from: Joe Sermarini on June 24, 2022, 10:04:40 am ---I cannot tell you how many times over the years we have a member go a little nutty and delete EVERYTHING they could on this site. Because of that, there are restrictions on what members can delete. We have people attacking this site with hacking attempts and just plain attempts to damage and remove pages ALL THE TIME. We can make you an admin Ross.

--- End quote ---

I just want to be able to reorganize a couple of images and rework some related text (and in general correct typos when necessary).
I'm sure I have done this a couple of times in the past.

Ross G.

Joe Sermarini:
I put in a request with Sorin to add you as an admin on the Fake Coin Reports. It might take a little while. We are under hacker attacks again, so he is very busy.

glebe:

--- Quote from: Joe Sermarini on June 24, 2022, 07:24:35 pm ---I put in a request with Sorin to add you as an admin on the Fake Coin Reports. It might take a little while. We are under hacker attacks again, so he is very busy.

--- End quote ---

Understood.
Although note that I want to be able to edit only my own fake/suspect reports, and (for my own protection) nobody else's.
In fact everybody should be able to edit/delete their own reports (to avoid possible legal liability for instance). Having to rely on the administrators to do this is obviously not satisfactory.

Ross G.

Joe Sermarini:

--- Quote from: glebe on June 24, 2022, 09:57:18 pm ---...Having to rely on the administrators to do this is obviously not satisfactory.

--- End quote ---

I do not agree. The fake coin reports are at least 15 years old and you are the only one to have expressed this opinion in all this time. Until now, it seems everyone has found it perfectly satisfactory to request moderator corrections by adding a comment to the report. At about 10 AM today (and hundreds of times in the past) we had a hacker attack the Fake Coin Reports. Hackers often specifically target the Fake Coin Reports. Limiting access helps secure the reports.

glebe:
All of a sudden it seems that I am now authorised to edit/delete my own fake reports (although I have received no notification of this).
So far so good, you might think, but in fact I also seem to be able to edit/delete everybody else's fake reports as well, and I mean everybody's, in all categories. At least that it says when go to any fake report (not just my own), although I haven't tried to do anything yet.
This is very bad and is exactly what I said I didn't want. I cannot be in a position where I am responsible for all the fake reports.   
Please reverse the authorisation immediately.

Ross G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version