Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Thessalian League Rogers 56?  (Read 522 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Thessalian League Rogers 56?
« on: February 13, 2022, 02:59:40 pm »
I am putting this here, even though I think the coin may more properly fall into Roman Provincial if my identification is correct. This one I am asking for an affirmation on if I am correct, I am fairly confident on this one, but you never know.

I got wrapped up in the Thessalian League with Athena holding spear, but it just doesn't fit. I just got HCG Volume 4 and it paid off already I think with my first attempt to use it after finding Rogers 56, but not being 100% sure. It is HGC Vol 4 220. The only issue may be lower weight.

Thessaly, League issue. Magistrates Nikokrates and Eubiotos.

Laureate head of Apollo right; lyre to left.
QESSA-LWN above and below, NIKOKPATHS EYBIOTOY to left and
right of Artemis Ennodia walking right, holding torch in each hand.

Mine is AE19 and 5.23 grams, 0 degrees.

So, if correct, does this go in Greek or Roman Provincial?

Thank you,
Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity