Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Identifying A Coin  (Read 875 times)

Greg W

Identifying A Coin
« on: August 05, 2021, 09:54:32 am »
As a new beginner I am probably going about this the wrong way. But here goes.

I purchased off of eBay a bunch of low grade uncleaned coins to practise cleaning methods. One coin that did not need much of a clean I thought I would try and identify. So I looked on this site at the vast amount of information on identifying/authenticating coins. After half an hour I was completely lost so I thought if I gave you kind people some information and photographs of the coin someone would be able to identify it and make me really excited knowing what my first coin in my collection is  :).

As far as I know the coin is bronze.

The diameter is 21.9mm
The thickness is 1.6mm
The weight is 3.16g

Online Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
Re: Identifying A Coin
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 10:15:29 am »

Greg W

Re: Identifying A Coin
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 10:45:23 am »
Hello Pekka.

Thank you for the help. I am positive you are correct. Looking closely under magnification I can see that it is silver and not bronze as I said in my post. Closely comparing the images on my coin to those in the link I am certain that the authentication is spot on.

+++

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Greg

All coins are guaranteed for eternity