Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Poll

What should be the length for a term in office in the awards committee?

3 months
0 (0%)
4 months
0 (0%)
6 months
2 (20%)
12 months
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Award Committee Member Term Lengths - Award Poll  (Read 3539 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Award Committee Member Term Lengths - Award Poll
« on: August 06, 2004, 04:43:32 pm »
We will have periodic confirmations/elections (still working out the dynamics of how they will operate) for members in the awards committee, except for myself since I am committee chairman and moderator for this awards board.  Incumbents will be allowed to be reconfirmed/run again if they wish.  So, the question to y'all is - how long do you think a term in office should be?

Kevin  8)

Offline cscoppa

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • It's off to the races!!!!!!!!!
Re:Award Committee Member Term Lengths
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 06:56:16 am »
It would be good to have the longer term, but stager the point where someone changes like our congress here in the US. Change a part of the team every quarter .............. end of March, end of June, end of Sept and end of year. Just a thought.........
Chip

PECVNIAE IMPERARE OPORTET NON SERVIRE
Money should be mastered, not served.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 09:00:48 am »
If we were talking about parliament I'd agree with you; it would be good for democracy if governments were faced with the possibility of losing power every year rather than every four years or so. As it is, all we need is some reassurance that the comittee has the confidence of other people. So lets keep it simple.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 03:39:07 pm »
I had thought about staggered terms like the U.S. Senate, but like Robert would rather keep it simple and have one election time for all at the same time (plus it is less work for me :tongue: ).  There are already enough polls going for the websites themselves so a periodic poll for each committee member might let lost in the mix vs. one highly publicized election.  However, if this is starting to make you cringe from the thought of another omnibus poll don't worry.  I have come up with a way to set up the election so you can vote for five people (to fill five seats).

Kevin  8)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity