Resources > The Members' Gallery

Tracy’s Relatively New Gallery

<< < (23/38) > >>

Tracy Aiello:
Anaximander,

Thank you, and I agree with your judgement about BMC’s judgement.

Thanks as always for the generous offer of a translation. Fortunately for me I was able to obtain the 1975 Ares Publishers version, which according to the publisher is a new edition in English with new indices in English and an added plate.

If you ever need something out of Starr or Svoronos Athens, then just let me know.

Sometimes I think that I have a numismatic reference problem more than a coin problem. Either is a good problem to have.

Be well.

Tracy

Tracy Aiello:
Greetings,

I’ve just added another fractional to my collection of Larissian coins. Another prancing horse and Larissa with a wreath and ball: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=170879

I’m thinking of advertising a new motto for my gallery, since I’ve purchased nothing but small denominations for a while now: Fractionals Forever!

Thanks for reading/looking.

Tracy

stevex6:
 +++

I love your coin taste ... nice horse addition

Ron C2:
The fractions are a real niche area and you seem to be embracing it, which is wonderful.  I look forward to more additions!

Tracy Aiello:
Greetings Coin Friends,

It’s been about three months since I last uploaded a coin to my gallery. I have two Sasanian drachms in the hopper, but they await more comprehensive research and write-up as I intend them to be part of a larger project related to Khusro II’s iconographic changes.

In the meantime, please enjoy another Larissian fractional. This is a trihemiobol of a type that up until now was not part of my collection: Larissa ¾ facing left on the obverse with a horse and rider on the reverse. My research indicates that there are at least two types: one with the rider holding a whip in his left hand and the IΣ of the legend in front of the horse and downwards and one with the rider not holding a whip and only the Σ of the legend in front of the horse and downwards. I have just added the latter type to my collection.

Enjoy. https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=172195

Tracy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version