Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Problem with linking to a term  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Charles S

• Consul
Problem with linking to a term
« on: January 28, 2009, 08:44:39 am »
It seems to be impossible to link to RELIQVA VETERA HS NOVIES MILL ABOLITA which is a valid entry and an interesting article from the Dictionary of Roman Coins.  I have tried several possibilities in the sandbox like internal link and external link but the terms RELIQUA, VETERA and NOVIES MILL ABOLITA - which all should link to the complete phrase but cannot - seem to be interfering.   Is there any solution to solve this type of problem?
Charles Schotman
Charles Schotman

My gallery

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Problem with linking to a term
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:37:45 am »
Automatic links do not work on entries that are that long.  It also seems to overrided any external link that long.  I am not sure why we have a maximum length, but I think it is probably necessary to keep NumisWiki running smoothly.   I put a possibly adequate solution (though probably not as desired) in the sandbox.   
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Charles S

• Consul
Re: Problem with linking to a term
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 05:16:49 pm »
Thank you for the fast response, the solution works and is good enough for me.
Charles Schotman

My gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity