Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Can you identify this coin  (Read 810 times)

Miguel C

Can you identify this coin
« on: November 14, 2021, 02:49:58 pm »
Hello everyone,

I bought this coin a few years ago in Israel but to date and despite many researches I have never been able to identify it or even know where to start looking for information about it...

I leave the photo here in the hope that someone can give me a hint about what currency it is or any other clue that might prove useful.

Grateful in advance for any help +++

Miguel Costa

Offline dwarf

• Consul
Re: Can you identify this coin
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 02:58:47 pm »
This is - unfortunately - definitely no genuine ancient coin. That's why you couldn't find it.
The "coin" seems to be cast instead of struck, the "dirt" artificially applied.
Turn the revers 180 degree, and it looks like a grape. The obverse a (palm?) branch.
I haven't seen this fake up til know - but am sure in my decision.

Regards
Klaus

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 01:36:12 am »

Miguel C

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 02:17:32 pm »