Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Athens Wappenmünzen Didrachm  (Read 870 times)

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
Athens Wappenmünzen Didrachm
« on: November 04, 2012, 10:20:48 am »
Some weeks ago we saw an Athens Wappenmünzen Didrachm posted and declared fake. The member in question seems to have removed the thread in question as he strongly disagreed with the opinion on the coin.

Here is the original coin from the now deleted thread.

Another example of the type has turned up on a different board where the buyer was offered it by a shepherd in Sofia. They come from identical dies and have identical flan shape. There seems to be evidence of a casting sprue too. I believe them to be casts.

Images of the new coin attached below.

The original posted asked for evidence. Here it is.

Regards,
Martin

Offline rover1.3

• Tribunus Plebis 2012 / Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Athens Wappenmünzen Didrachm
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:23:49 am »
Some weeks ago we saw an Athens Wappenmünzen Didrachm posted and declared fake. The member in question seems to have removed the thread in question as he strongly disagreed with the opinion on the coin.

I had already made a fake report before the delete of the original thread: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/fakes/displayimage.php?pos=-13585

Another example of the type has turned up on a different board where the buyer was offered it by a shepherd in Sofia. They come from identical dies and have identical flan shape. There seems to be evidence of a casting sprue too. I believe them to be casts.

Images of the new coin attached below.

This same coin appeared again after some time with a new set of images, here: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=83677.0

I am sure that both images are just different images of the same coin. Even the scratches on the obverses are identical.

There is only ONE coin and it is a fake.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity