Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Byzantine Coins Discussion Forum

Class A Follis Ornaments on NumisWiki

<< < (2/16) > >>

Pep:

--- Quote from: Yafet Rasnal on August 02, 2004, 04:32:58 pm ---Maybe we could try to prepare a new sheet  ;D

--- End quote ---

Your wish is granted:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Anonymous%20Byzantine%20Class%20A%20Folles

The illustrations in the original table have been drawn as transparent .gifs.  You can cut-and-paste their URLs and post them between image tags here on the Discussion Board.  A new table can be found below it to document new finds.  It has its own numbering system instead of continuing on with #52 just in case there is a reason the original table is ordered the way it is or if there is already an updated one somewhere with higher numbers.

Enjoy,

Kevin  :)

byzantiumcoins:
Kevin,

Great !
If you agree, I will send a link to the German NumismatikForum Byzanz -
there are a lot of collectors who are interested in these Rex Regnatium Folles also.
byzantiumcoins

BASIL II Bulgaroktonos ( 976-1025 ) Anonymous Follis with Bust of Christ ( ornament variety A2.50 ) - SEAR 1813
Obverse Bust of Jesus Christ with crescent / 2 pellets in the limbs of the nimbus cross and a single pellet on the book of Gospels
Reverse IhSUS / XRISTUS / BASILEU / BASILE ( JESUS CHRIST KING OF KINGS ) in 4 lines -
horizontal S between strokes above and below

Pep:

--- Quote from: byzantiumcoins on January 07, 2007, 12:33:36 pm ---Kevin,

Great !
If you agree, I will send a link to the German NumismatikForum Byzanz -
there are a lot of collectors who are interested in these Rex Regnatium Folles also.
byzantiumcoins

--- End quote ---

Yes, feel free to post the link :)  Let me know if any new entries need to be added too.

Kevin  :)

yafet_rasnal:
A new variety

present in Museo Bottacin, Padova, Italy,cat n.429

byzantiumcoins:
Is it the same as this one ?
This is a subvariant of the rare Var. 33, though it is slightly diff. from the one pictured in the Bellinger list.

Regards
byzantiumcoins

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version