Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Pontius Pilate?? I believe, any info and value?  (Read 495 times)

John K5

Pontius Pilate?? I believe, any info and value?
« on: October 01, 2012, 05:43:52 pm »
I have what I believe is a pontius Pilate coin, it's confirmed genuine and not counterfeit. Just wondering of its value private and auction setting, and if it's indeed a pontius Pilate coin...any info would be great thank you - John k

John K5

Re: Pontius Pilate?? I believe, any info and value?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:52:39 pm »
Its not allowing me to add a picture so if there is anyone with good info or knowledge on this coin if u give me ur email I can then send the pictures of it, thank you again

Offline Adrian W

• Caesar
    • Cape Coral Real Estate FL
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 06:18:08 pm »
Its probably a Prutah these are some of the most common coins found.Pontius Pilate quite a small coin and not particularly rare
but has a great history associated with it so enjoy it.

Lituus / L IZ (date) within wreath
Highest Rated Zillow agent in the County

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Aarmale

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:35:41 pm »
I cannot tell you if the coin is authentic or not without prictures; however, it could very well be real, as they are quite common and rather inexpensive. 
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/aarmale
היינו דאמרי אינשי: טבא חדא פילפלתא חריפתא ממלי צנא קרי

All coins are guaranteed for eternity