Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Newbie Requesting Help to Identify A Roman Coin  (Read 144 times)

Offline Norman F

• Legionary
Newbie Requesting Help to Identify A Roman Coin
« on: March 22, 2023, 07:22:28 am »
Hi

I have acquired this 20 mm diameter coin and the only information I have is that is bronze and that it shows the Emperor Valentinian I on the obverse. My initial research suggests that it shows the Emperor diademed, draped and cuirassed.
My problem is that I cannot find any coin that matches the reverse. I think that the standing figure is facing to the left of the coin and that it is holding a labarum in the left hand. I cannot really make out what the shorter figure to the right of the coin depicts although I have noted other coins where the second figure is a prisoner being subject to some form of abuse.

I apologise for the poor quality of the images but I hope they are good enough for you to identify the coin for me.

Thanks

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
Re: Newbie Requesting Help to Identify A Roman Coin
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 07:37:33 am »
Obverse legend reads: DN CONSTA...

Reverse reads: FEL TEMP REPARATIO

This should point you to right direction.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Fel%20Temp%20Reparatio

Pekka K

Offline Norman F

• Legionary
Re: Newbie Requesting Help to Identify A Roman Coin
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 07:50:07 am »
Many thanks Pekka K, I will keep searching.

Norman

All coins are guaranteed for eternity