Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: NFSL nomination - victoriqn  (Read 938 times)

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
NFSL nomination - victoriqn
« on: April 24, 2014, 12:54:57 am »
The usual NFSL process is to first present various items and seek opinions about them being fake before suggesting to nominate an NFS, but it's so clear to me that victoriqn on eBay is selling loads and loads of cast fakes, each with obvious pinholes and casting defects or bubbles, sometimes in great number, most of his pieces being fake, that I want to short-circuit the process and nominate him for NFSL immediately. His fakes here:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/victoriqn/m.html?_ipg=48&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Sample fakes below this message: these are in fact the better casts, the worse ones are laughable. As is usual for a fake seller he has 100% positive feedback.

If anyone knows the mysterious art of complaining to ebay about fakes, please do so for all the obvious fakes.

Offline David Atherton

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • The meaning of life can be found in a coin.
    • Flavian Fanatic Blog
Re: NFSL nomination - victoriqn
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:14:25 am »
If anyone knows the mysterious art of complaining to ebay about fakes, please do so for all the obvious fakes.

I'd like to know as well. I have not gotten one response from ebay after reporting a fake seller. The most recent one being ancient.necropolis.london who is still going strong!

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 01:17:42 am »
+1

They make it impossible to tell them what you are reporting, just a drop down list which they try to pigeon hole all reports into.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 11:07:30 pm »
I've added most of the obvious ones to the fake reports.  Has he been put on the list?

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 01:54:36 am »
I've added most of the obvious ones to the fake reports.  Has he been put on the list?

Thanks Jay, great public service. Not as yet on the NFSL list, I'm hoping Joe will agree and add.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 03:03:10 pm »
I will add victoriqn now.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Peter R2

• Legionary
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 02:59:29 pm »
I am so grateful to all you members who have exposed ebay fake sellers and the lists have saved me so much money. victoriqn has appeared suspicious to me for time but being an inexperienced collector i could not quite see why. Why are not some of these dealers NOT prosecuted?.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity