Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Sergeev's Barbarian Coins on the Territory Between the Balkans and Central Asia?  (Read 288 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
I ran across this reference today and I looked online to find out more. It doesn't seem very available at all, no reviews, etc. Pretty obscure. Anyone have an opinion of it? Can it even be obtained? Hardcopy? Online? I could find no mention on Numiswiki.

Barbarian Coins on the Territory Between the Balkans and Central Asia: Catalog of Andrei Sergeev's Collection at the State Historical Museum (Moscow)

Thanks,
Virgil

Online Victor C

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Constantine the Great
I bought a new copy on Amazon two years ago. It is an interesting catalog of a large collection of "barbs" spanning centuries. I don't use it as a reference.
Victor Clark

LRB gallery

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Thanks, Amazon has none at the moment or anywhere else when I looked earlier. It was the only reference used for a coin I was looking at and it is also the first coin of this type I have ever seen a barbaric imitation of. I didn't even know they existed. I am also no expert in eastern imitations. Looks like an interesting catalog.

Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity