Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Oil Lamp...please help ID  (Read 2244 times)

jonkag7

Oil Lamp...please help ID
« on: May 28, 2007, 01:51:46 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have an Oil Lamp from Israel that I recieved as a present a few years ago. Unfortunately I have lost the ID sheet, and don't remember what it says. I know that it was purchased in Israel, and I think it is probably Roman. I appreciate any attempt at IDing this lamp! *notice the patterns around the top, they might provide some clue. The lamp measures about 4 in. long. Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Jonathan

jonkag7

Re: Oil Lamp...please help ID
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 01:53:47 pm »
Here's another pic from the side.

seth

Re: Oil Lamp...please help ID
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:37:37 am »
this seems to be a common shape for the late roman early byzantine oil lamps, also called lucernae. the design on the discus aint tellin me much, its just decorative.
id say around 400-450AD.
a nice one too :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity