Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Thessalian League Rogers 56?  (Read 520 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Thessalian League Rogers 56?
« on: February 13, 2022, 02:59:40 pm »
I am putting this here, even though I think the coin may more properly fall into Roman Provincial if my identification is correct. This one I am asking for an affirmation on if I am correct, I am fairly confident on this one, but you never know.

I got wrapped up in the Thessalian League with Athena holding spear, but it just doesn't fit. I just got HCG Volume 4 and it paid off already I think with my first attempt to use it after finding Rogers 56, but not being 100% sure. It is HGC Vol 4 220. The only issue may be lower weight.

Thessaly, League issue. Magistrates Nikokrates and Eubiotos.

Laureate head of Apollo right; lyre to left.
QESSA-LWN above and below, NIKOKPATHS EYBIOTOY to left and
right of Artemis Ennodia walking right, holding torch in each hand.

Mine is AE19 and 5.23 grams, 0 degrees.

So, if correct, does this go in Greek or Roman Provincial?

Thank you,
Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity