Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Bellinger Philippi in Macedon Plates?  (Read 576 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Bellinger Philippi in Macedon Plates?
« on: February 12, 2022, 04:32:23 pm »
I can't remember if I actually saw the plates that are supposed to be with the article Philippi in Macedon, by Bellinger, in ANS Museum Notes 1960 file I downloaded from Haithi Trust, I suspect I never saw them because those plates are all missing (plates VI to XI). Also the actual year of this article is, I think, actually 1962. It is almost 1,000 pages encompassing three or four years. I would love to extract the article from that document, not sure I can do that with the software I own.

Anyway, can anyone let me know if those plates are available online somewhere? I am interested in the Phillip II naked horsemen bronze coins, specifically.

Thanks,
Virgil

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Bellinger Philippi in Macedon Plates?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 02:39:45 am »
... Anyway, can anyone let me know if those plates are available online somewhere? ...
This article appeared 1964 in Museum Notes volume 11, on hathitrust there are several scans of it and at least some include these plates, see e.g. here :):
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.$b217979&view=1up&seq=357&skin=2021
(perhaps you have to copy the complete URL and paste it into the URL field of the browser in case Forvm softare is killing it again :-\).

Regards

Altamura

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 12:39:51 pm »
Thank you, Altamura, I didn't think about multiple copies of it, the version I downloaded is missing just those plates, it seems. And that link you sent is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks again,
Virgil

Offline Tracy Aiello

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 03:05:52 pm »
Altamura and Virgil,

I just added a link to the scanned article on the Numiswiki entry for Bellinger Philippi.

Tracy

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 03:19:51 pm »
Thanks, Tracy!

Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity