Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help to verify the authenticity of these denarius.  (Read 679 times)

Offline Miguel D2

• Legionary
Help to verify the authenticity of these denarius.
« on: February 22, 2021, 09:02:54 am »
Hello,

I've been a coin collector for over 40 years, but as far as ancient coins are concerned, I'm very inexperienced.

I ask your opinion on the authenticity some denarius of my collection.

I suspect they're fake coins, but I could be wrong.

In advance, I thank you for your precious help.

Miguel

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Re: Help to verify the authenticity of these denarius.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:42:35 am »
Please take a look at the rules:  one coin per thread.  It is too confusing to try to discuss sev3ral different coins at once.  Can you provide weights?

Offline Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 07:24:59 pm »
Please take a look at the rules:  one coin per thread.  It is too confusing to try to discuss sev3ral different coins at once.  Can you provide weights?

Agreed.  And when you re-post them, I would also list the reverse/obverse alignment in degrees and the diameter of the widest point of each coin in milimeters.  If you know the provenance, that is also useful info (for example, acquired from an established coin dealer, from e-bay, or from a coin show, etc.). Don't use specific dealers' names unless it was Forum.

Cheers :)
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

Offline Miguel D2

• Legionary
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 11:15:38 pm »

Agreed.  And when you re-post them, I would also list the reverse/obverse alignment in degrees and the diameter of the widest point of each coin in milimeters.  If you know the provenance, that is also useful info (for example, acquired from an established coin dealer, from e-bay, or from a coin show, etc.). Don't use specific dealers' names unless it was Forum.

Cheers :)

Okay, in the next five posts I will put the images of the denarius.

Thank you

All coins are guaranteed for eternity