Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Kaunos coin, fake or not?  (Read 978 times)

Offline Alexander K

• Praetorian
Kaunos coin, fake or not?
« on: February 16, 2021, 06:36:30 am »
Dear board,

Ask for your knowledge and help. Please tell your opinions about this Kaunos coin, which I purchase many years ago from one ancient coins dealer in Germany, recently sold it, but the buyer say that this is a fake, not genuine coin.

I'm attaching my pics of this item and some images from the seller who sold them to me many years ago. Again, please write, to your opinion, is that coin the fake or not?

Many thanks to you all in advance!
Regards,
Alex

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: Kaunos coin, fake or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 09:58:04 am »
This one raises no concerns, either.  I’m really interested to know what the buyer thinks is suspicious.

Offline Alexander K

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 07:35:54 am »
Thank you for your reply!

Really don't know why... 

Any more opinions please?

PS - may I ask admin to make images in this topic to be visible for guests? Thank you

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 06:14:02 pm »
I see no reason to suspect the coin is fake.

No, only registered members can see photos. This is intended to encourage them to register, which also puts them on my email list, so I can try to sell them coins.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Rupert

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 02:40:43 pm »
The three coins you posted here are so obviously genuine that whoever declared them fake, thereby makes it clear that he has absolutely no idea about ancient coins. These are coins for whose authenticity you could bet your head against a cucumber.

Rupert
Ducunt volentem fata, nolentem trahunt.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity