Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Medieval Denar. Found and solved! Frederick III of Sicily  (Read 324 times)

Offline Alex F

• Praetorian
Medieval Denar. Found and solved! Frederick III of Sicily
« on: June 15, 2019, 10:53:02 am »
Dear all,

i purchased this recently. I am pretty sure it's an obol/denier.
Does anybody have any tips on emission authority and period?

One side is a cross with dots in the circle, the other is a either a crowned figure looking left, of some kind of man carrying a church/ship. Not sure of this, it depends on the angle, which is why I took two photos of that one side.

It is so out of shape that I not sure what the diameter is/ much of the metal has been lost.
For what it's worth, it's 16mm across the widest points.

Thank you,
Alex

Offline Alex F

• Praetorian
Re: Medieval Debar. Found and solved! Frederick III of Sicily
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 02:53:31 pm »
I managed to identify it with somebody else's help: Frederick III of Sicily

All coins are guaranteed for eternity