Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need help with identification of Roman Republican quadrans  (Read 268 times)

Offline Leon S

• Praetorian
Hello.
Please help to identify the Roman Republican quadrans (16.7-17.3 mm; 3.7 gr.).
According to the design of Hercules on obverse and the prow on reverse, and its weight this coin probably belongs to the period after 120 BC? (Crawford catalog after # 280). I can’t find the legend ending on “---MON”, “---MPON” (MP ligate) or similar from sources that I have. Possible it could be unknown coin related to moneyer L. Pomponius Cn.f of 118 BC (Crawford 282/4), Q. Pomponius Cn.f. Rufus of 73 BC (Crawford 398) or Q. Pomponius Musa of 66 BC (Crawford 410).
Please let me know your opinion about this coin.
Thank you.

Offline Teutoburgium

• Consul
Re: Need help with identification of Roman Republican quadrans
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 01:00:03 am »

It looks like legend ending on “---MON”

Offline Leon S

• Praetorian
Re: Need help with identification of Roman Republican quadrans
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 06:08:22 pm »
Hello.
You probably correct. What is your opinion about this coin?

All coins are guaranteed for eternity