Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Domitian Denarius  (Read 506 times)

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
Domitian Denarius
« on: April 03, 2022, 10:15:11 am »
Afternoon again guys, potentially I am just having a brain freeze day-to-day (worse than normal) but I have this as a Domitian Denarius with the reverse TRP COS VII but I cant find an exact match there's a very similar one on acsearch which is Fiennes being RIC 2 but when you look at RIC 2 that's a dolphin and anchor 🤷‍♂️🤦 weight is 2.67g

Offline Waldemar S

• Caesar
Re: Domitian Denarius
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 12:21:31 pm »
I guess this one will be ?

https://www.wildwinds.com/coins/ric/domitian/RIC_0003.jpg
RIC 3 Domitian Denarius. AD 81. IMP CAESAR DOMITIANVS AVG, laureate head right / TR P COS VII, draped throne, back decorated with corn ears.

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 12:27:22 pm »
Cheers for the reply Waldemar if you look at the one you have suggested where the throne finishes mine has a X across the gap where as yours does not

Offline Waldemar S

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 12:37:55 pm »
Cheers for the reply Waldemar if you look at the one you have suggested where the throne finishes mine has a X across the gap where as yours does not

Yes ,i saw this nuance , although it s not even an X  ???

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 12:40:50 pm »
Yeh sorry I wasn't suggesting it was an X in that regard was more the closest thing to being able to compare it to. Very peculiar I just hope it's not a dud. Cheers again

Offline Waldemar S

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 12:54:17 pm »

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 01:12:15 pm »
Ah thank you Waldemar evidently there a few different additions I'll keep an eye out and see if I can find an exact match. Cheers for your help.

Online Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!

Offline ChefStu22

• Consul
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2022, 04:22:19 pm »
Cheers Jay will do 🙏 have a good week

All coins are guaranteed for eternity