Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unknown medieval silver  (Read 482 times)

Offline Mahmud G

• Consul
Unknown medieval silver
« on: February 24, 2022, 04:22:34 am »
Hello

An unknown medieval silver coin; due to not being with me i can’t say the measures, i guess a diameter between 1-1,5 cm. Thanks for any comment.

Sincerely

Offline Anaximander

• Caesar
Re: Unknown medieval silver
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 08:20:05 am »
It is a tad crude, or I would suggest Cilician Armenia. It would be helpful to have better photos, especially of the reverse, and a proper weight in gm.
Anaximander Barypous
Member since 2019.
FAC Member Gallery

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 09:01:17 am »

Offline PeterD

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • omnium curiositatum explorator
    • Historia
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 11:22:43 am »
I believe it to be a denier of Friedrich I Barbarossa. Here's my example https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia/coins/m1/m161.htm but there are a number of varieties on ACsearch.
Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia

Offline Mahmud G

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 01:22:19 am »
Thank you very much to all of you, i think it fits shanxi’s guess. Probably this coin witnessed to 3rd crusade much more than trade relation, because it was found on that route.

Sincerely

All coins are guaranteed for eternity