Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ancient Coin Commemorating Trojan War Archer Pandaros!?  (Read 580 times)

Offline Robert C2

• Legionary
Ancient Coin Commemorating Trojan War Archer Pandaros!?
« on: August 10, 2016, 01:13:56 pm »
I've sought to explain the "monogram" on coins of Zeleia for which I've not found any earlier explanations (or have I missed something?). I think that the design may represent the exceptional bow that the legendary Trojan ally Pandaros used to wound Menelaus and Diomedes. I've posted a draft paper with this hypothesis at

https://www.academia.edu/27661797/Ancient_Coin_Found_to_Commemorate_Trojan_War_Hero_Pandaros

and I would welcome any comments. If I use them to improve the paper, I will be happy to credit the commentor(s). If you care to join (if you're not already a member) academia.edu and to then "follow me" there, you will automatically be notified of revisions incorporating comments, credits, etc. Thanks in advance for any help! - Bob

All coins are guaranteed for eternity