Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 2007 FORVM Member of the Year  (Read 16112 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
2007 FORVM Member of the Year
« on: March 16, 2008, 08:17:47 am »
Well, I really blew it this time.  We completely forgot to select a 2007 member of the year in December/January!  Better late than never.   

Please nominate your selection for our 2007 Member of the Year, who will be awarded the title Tribunus Plebis (male) or Tribuna Plebis (female).   Nominations will close on 24 March. 

The Member of the Year is determined by a poll of FORVM members held each December.  To be eligible, the member must have been a member the entire year, be one of the top 50 posters, and either hold one or more of the other titles or serve as a moderator.  Only one Tribunus or Tribuna Plebis will be selected each year.  A member that is elected twice will be designated Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus (male) or Tribuna Plebis Perpetua (female) and will be excluded from future election because it is unnecessary.   When a Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus (male) or Tribuna Plebis Perpetua (female) is selected, the member with the second highest number of votes will be selected as member of the year and awarded the title Tribunus Plebis (male) or Tribuna Plebis (female).

Please only make one nomination or second and only nominate or second the one person for whom you intend to vote.

Curtis Clay and Patricia Lawrence (Slokind) have already been awarded the titles Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus and Tribuna Plebis Perpetua for selection as member of the year twice.   They are no longer eligible for nomination since they are Tribunus Plebis and Tribuna Plebis for life!
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: 2007 FORVM Member of the Year
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:26:47 am »
I nominate Pep.  He has successfully led the website awards team for many years now and been a great help to me and our members.   There are many other people I would like to nominate but the rules say only one. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:18:08 am »
I would like to second Pep. I have worked alongside him on the awards committee and it would only be a small fraction of what it is today without him at the helm. I too can think of many people I would like to put forward.

Abiel

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 11:57:36 am »
I nominate Pep.  He has successfully led the website awards team for many years now and been a great help to me and our members.   There are many other people I would like to nominate but the rules say only one. 

me too >>> :)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 12:00:09 pm »
Pep's nomination has been seconded.   Other nominees?
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Jochen

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 02:09:37 pm »
I want to nominate tacrolimus (Luigi). His attributions were always astonishingly correct!

Best regards

Offline areich

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 02:12:59 pm »
Seconding Luigi, he's certainly deserved it.
Andreas Reich

Offline whitetd49

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • FEL TEMP REPARATIO
    • Coins of the Severan Dynasty at Stobi
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 02:22:18 pm »
I've been voting for Luigi for years - certainly deserves consideration!
If you watch long enough, even a treefrog is interesting.  Umberto Eco
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10349

Offline Kelly

• Consul
  • Too many coins, not enough time.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 06:01:34 pm »
I would like to nominate Dane. 

Her hard work has made attribution much easier for all of us through the use of her spreadsheets.  She has always listened to other's recommendations to create other lists and the lists are so easy to use.  Has one web site award and lets elect her for a second Tribuna Plebis.
Kelly

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 06:28:57 pm »
I would like to nominate Dane. 

Her hard work has made attribution much easier for all of us through the use of her spreadsheets.  She has always listened to other's recommendations to create other lists and the lists are so easy to use.  Has one web site award and lets elect her for a second Tribuna Plebis.
Kelly

Very true.   If a prior honoree gets the most votes, they are awarded the title perpetuus or perpetua (for life) and the member with the second highest number of votes gets the annual title. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Steve Minnoch

• Tribunus Plebis 2007
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 08:02:34 pm »
As I am limited to one and Jochen hasn't been mentioned, I nominate him.

However there are a number of other names (Manzikert, maridvnvm, PScipio, mauseus to name just a few) whom I'd hope someone would bring up officially.

It's a kind of a shame though that Curtis and Pat can't be nominated, they are #1 and 2 for me when it comes to how much I learn off them, every year.

Steve

Offline Johnny

• Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 08:57:31 pm »
Can anyone nominate in these ?   and if so,  can one  nominate  one person  and second someone else ?

how about seconding,  is this limited to one ?

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 12:00:38 am »
Can anyone nominate in these ?   and if so,  can one  nominate  one person  and second someone else ?

how about seconding, is this limited to one ?

One nomination or second only.  You should only nominate or second the person you would think should win.  That woud only be one.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline wileyc

• Caesar
    • Forum gallery:
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 12:07:32 am »
This is tough as all these folks contribute so much and for me just reading these posts on a regular basis has been crucial in my learning.

I however second the nonimation for Dane. Her spreadsheets and work is astounding and are a resource for me as much as my Sears and Griersons.

cordially

cw

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 01:00:58 am »
Hmm, to be confirmed for the finals in the first three replies.  I saw this thread earlier but had to think of some words before responding.  I couldn't come up with any to express what I'm feeling.  So, I'll just say thank you and hope y'all understand the rest.

I nominate maridvnvm.  His contributions to our community include serving dutifully on the Website Awards Committee since the beginning, managing the Fake Coin Reports/Discussions and being a knowledgeable/helpful collector, especially in his specialty of third century Romans (and especially the Severans and Probus).

Kevin  :)

Offline Bacchus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • http://www.diadumenian.com
    • Diadumenian
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 02:42:41 am »
As I am limited to one and Jochen hasn't been mentioned, I nominate him.

However there are a number of other names (Manzikert, maridvnvm, PScipio, mauseus to name just a few) whom I'd hope someone would bring up officially.

I agree with Steve with all of these and should probably rotate my nominations annually - but will second the nomination for Jochen this year

Malcolm

Offline AlexB

• Caesar
  • The meek shall inherit the earth..so buy a meek
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 07:43:29 am »
Hi

Luigi (Tacrolimus) for me.

Brgds

Alex
'Never has so much been owed, to so many, by so few' - Mervyn King, Governor, Bank of England, 20th Oct 2009

Offline Johnny

• Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 08:08:53 am »
I am at a difficult crossroad here,  as there were soo many people have been invaluable over the last  year and a bit .  with great patience  and understanding,  they have walked me throught the growing pains and have guided me through this very steep learning curve. converted me from modern to ancients  :),  and have keep me safe from the evil fakers

I would like to nominate Steve Minnoch for this award as he, like so many more have shown patience  and continuous assistance  with my  problems (  even though he can't find a cure for my male patern baldness)

I also hope that someone nominates Pscipio, as he also  is well deserving this award, but as I limited to one  :(

Offline Jochen

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 08:18:31 am »
I can't nominate two members, so I hope someone will nominate Manzikert (Alan) too! I think he deserve it really. He is the master of non Roman coins!

Best regards

Offline leetoone

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Yorkshire, England
    • Lee Toone
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 08:53:04 am »
Jochen read my mind!

I would like to nominate Manzikert (Alan).  He seems to know about everthing and shares his knowledge freely.

Lee

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 09:11:19 am »
So many, so many, but I, too, nominate Jochen for his remarkable contributions to FORVM and his helpfulness to members.
PeteB

Offline curtislclay

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 01:51:43 pm »
I second Steve Minnoch.

It's going to be a tough choice, so many good candidates!
Curtis Clay

Offline John K

• Consul
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 02:26:13 pm »
I would like to nominate Salem.

But I just cannot figure out if he meets the criteria of top 50 posters (I can figure out who are the top 10 posters but have not found the button yet that tells me the top 50). 

His answers to many posts, especially ones dealing with coins of Judea, have been extremely helpful to me.

Offline areich

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 02:37:55 pm »
I haven't counted but it looks like he qualifies:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0

Andreas

I did count, #34.
Andreas Reich

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 02:38:58 pm »
Hi,

I'll second Manzikert!