Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Why do you collect Islamic Coins  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Why do you collect Islamic Coins
« on: June 23, 2006, 02:58:22 pm »
Dear Friends

This question has been bugging me for quite some time.

Why do you collect Islamic Coins?

There are many Americans I know who collect them and I was wondering how they started up with such an interest, if you know what I mean. It would be interesting to know your story.

Best wishes,
Burak

Offline Cleisthenes

• Comitia Curiata II
  • Caesar
  • "not unlike a clamberer on a steep cliff," Newman
    • Swimmin' Lessons
Re: Why do you collect Islamic Coins
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 10:57:27 pm »
Dear Friends

This question has been bugging me for quite some time.

Why do you collect Islamic Coins?

There are many Americans I know who collect them and I was wondering how they started up with such an interest, if you know what I mean. It would be interesting to know your story.

Best wishes,
Burak

Burak,

My interest in Islamic coins is recent and comes as a result of being lucky enough to have lived and worked in Cairo for four years (1997-2001).  During my time in Cairo I fell in love with the richness of Islamic culture.  My Islamic collection is focused on the Ayyubid Dynasty--not surprising when you consider the role Egypt played in the life of Salah Ad-Din Yusuf Ibn Ayyub!

Take care,
Jim (Clesithenes)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Nullum Gratuitum Prandium!
"Flamma fumo est proxima!"--Plautus
 :Chi-Rho:

All coins are guaranteed for eternity